Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Half Marathon and Spiderman 5K

So.... anyone that knows me very well knows that I've pretty much always hated to run, and did it for aerobic purposes only. Well, my sister-in-law, the very convincing person that she is, talked me into running a half marathon with her in January. For some reason, I agreed. I have really been trying to run to build up my endurance a little (since I could barely run to the end of my driveway) in preparation for the official 12 wk. training. I have to say, there are A LOT of times where I really curse at myself for being so easily convinced, but all-in-all I'm starting to enjoy it a little by little. Ryan even bought me a double jogging stroller for my b-day to help encourage me. The boys are so good to go, too. They don't make a peep the whole time we're out and most of the time, Maddux falls asleep. (Which I will take any day!!)
Anyway, I put a ticker on my blog so that I have more motivation to train hard, for I don't want to make a completely fool out of myself for chickening out.

I also want to add that there is a 5K run or walk on Nov. 8 for the CUTEST little boy who has leukemia and the parents are in need of a little help. This just tugged at my heart strings because he is the same age as Ryder and I just couldn't imagine what it would be like for him to get sick like that. So if anyone wants to check it out the website is www.spidermanfightscancer.com. Please do. They need as much support from as many people as possible. Thanks!!!

2 comments:

spidermanfightscancer.com said...

Hi there Florence family,
This is Austin's dad, my boy is the one with a rare type of leukemia. Thank you so much for putting his story out there, and promoting the 5K walk/run. Austin is doing great, he is currently recovering from round 2 of Chemo and we lie in wait for round 3 in the coming weeks. He has entered Complete Remission meaning that less than 5% of his cells are cancerous at this point. You can get daily updates at his website www.spidermanfightscancer.com
Thanks again for your support, see you at the race!

Mink News said...

Yeah!!! I am excited you are doing a half marathon! Which one are you doing? I am excited for the other run in the spring too! We need to still hang out very soon! Oh and I love Ryders Costume!